Serena Williams victory at the Stanford Classic

Serena Williams
Serena Williams

Tennis player Serena Williams to end title drought by winning the Stanford Classic by defeating Marion Bartoli 7-5 and 6-1, Monday, August 1, 2011 morning GMT. This is Serena's first title since Wimbledon 2010.

Serena Williams more sidelined since early 2011 due to a toe injury and has always experienced difficulties since returning to play. Finally the former world number one fell in the fourth round of Wimbledon 2011 from Marion Bartoli.

Victory at the Stanford Classic feel more special for tennis player those 29 years. Because, in addition to subdue beat Marion Bartoli at Wimbledon, Serena Williams also won her first title since winning Wimbledon 2010.

"Back win and hear the audience applause when I win is the moment that I missed. I work hard to earn this title. So, this is the victory that boasts," Serena Williams said as quoted by AP.

Serena Williams entered the Stanford Classic as a non-seeded players being in the world rankings to 169. Success at the Stanford Classic this makes Serena rose to 77 world ranking in the WTA rankings next release.

"I hate to triple-digit rankings. Now I have to go back to number one digit," Serena Williams said that only takes 1 hour 20 minutes to beat Marion Bartoli in the final.

Victory at the Stanford Classic becomes a valuable capital for Williams ahead of the U.S. Open which will take place August 29 to 12 September. However, Serena Williams reluctant to consider herself as a favorite.

"I do not think about the U.S. Open. Today, I put myself at the bottom. I just want to play loose. My confidence improved, this according to my plan. When I perform there, I have the same opportunities to other players," said Serena Williams.

Before appearing at the U.S. Open, Serena Williams will be performing at the Rogers Cup and Cincinnati Open.